ENN, Emergency Nutrition Network,IASC Sub-Working Group on the Cluster Approach,IASC, Inter-Agency Standing Committee,IFE, Infant and Young Child Feeding in Emergencies Core Group
A training package to help integrate Infant and Young Child Feeding (IYCF) in Community-Based Management of Acute Malnutrition (CMAM) services. By the end of the training, Participants will be able to:
1. Explain why IYCF practices matter:
• Importance of breastfeeding
• Risks of not breastfeeding
2. Describe recommended practices and counselling discussion points on IYCF from 0 – 23 months.
3. Describe basic information of infant feeding in an HIV context.
4. Conduct IYCF 3-Step Counselling/‘Reaching-an-agreement’ with mother /caregiver by applying the ‘assess, analyze, and act’ steps in order to promote and improve IYCF-related practices.