PDF (165.2 KiB)
CP AOR, Child Protection Area of Responsibility,Global Protection Cluster
This resource contains tips on child emotional support, stress reduction, and physical safety during active bombings.
• Try to remain as positive as possible. Children read in your behavior what is going on. You do not always have to remain ‘strong’; you are already doing the best you can. Engage in selfcare, self-compassion, and express positive emotions.
• Hug your children if they want and allow children to ‘nestle in’ on your lap.
• Sing together childhood songs. It gives a sense of security.
• Avoid open conflict and confrontation among friends and family.
• Accept the way your child feels whatever emotions they show.
• The more you obtain support from others, the better you will be able to help your kids.
• Pray together with your child if you believe in a god or spirituality.
• Do not encourage feelings of angriness or revenge in your children. This would only increase anxiety in your child(ren).
• For adolescents, ensure to balance between treating them as adults (telling the truth, sharing your thoughts with them, giving responsibility) but also allowing them to ask for support.