pdf (3.3 MiB)
This Methodological Guide is designed to work as a tool for countries that intend to develop National Plans of Action (NPA) against Commercial Sexual Exploitation of Children. Specifically this guide provides:
• Information on setting up the stage to prepare for the drafting of an effective NPA through detailed background research and specific data collection;
• Description of the key partners to be involved in the NPA development to ensure its effective implementation;
• A methodology for the formulation of a National Plan of Action to combat the Commercial Sexual Exploitation of Children;
• Practical recommendations based on the experiences of countries that have developed National Plans of Action;
• Examples of strategic national frameworks for eradicating the sexual exploitation of children around the world.
The development of a National Plan of Action that will be effective and efficient in curbing the Commercial Sexual Exploitation of Children is a complex process. This guide seeks to facilitate this process by detailing adaptable work methods designed to achieve this aim within a specific country. In order to provide a comprehensive approach to the whole process surrounding the preparation and implementation of NPAs, the guide organizes itself into systematic “phases”, with each phase containing corresponding subcategories of activities.