pdf (1.9 MiB)
Save the Children UK
In 2007, Save the Children UK set themselves ten-year ambitions for achieving significant, lasting change for children – breakthrough aims included:
• Children will no longer die before their fifth birthday from preventable causes at the rate that’s tolerated today – 22,000 every day.
• Every child, even those caught in disaster or war, can expect a basic education.
• In the UK, one of the world’s richest countries, a million children will no longer live in severe and persistent poverty.
• Orphans and other children at risk will be protected and cared for in their own communities, not in institutions.
• Children and their carers will have a real say in what we do and how we do it, and can hold us to account.
This Trustees’ report covers Save the Children UK’s aims and achievements for 2010.